Immigration Law

A "Visa" is a legal document which authorized the visa holder to enter into the country which issued the visa. There are essentially two types of Visas

Immingrant vs. Non-immigrant

What is an immigrant visa?

An immigrant visa is a document issued by a U.S. consular officer abroad that allows you to travel to the United States and apply for admission as a legal permanent resident (PR). An immigration inspector of U.S. Customs and Border Protection of the Department of Homeland Security makes the final decision as to whether or not to admit you as an LPR. Once you are admitted as an LPR, you generally have the right to live and work in the United States permanently. U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services of the Department of Homeland Security will mail your permanent resident card (often called a “green card”) to your new address in the United States, usually within three months of your entry into the United States.

read more
What is the difference between an immigrant visa and a nonimmigrant visa?.

As explained in the answer to “What is an immigrant visa?”, getting an immigrant visa usually means that you will be able to live and work in the United States for as long as you want. A nonimmigrant visa, on the other hand, is generally for short-term visitors to the United States. You cannot stay in the United States permanently on a nonimmigrant visa, and you generally cannot work. A nonimmigrant visa is sometimes informally called a “tourist visa” but can be issued for reasons other than tourism, such as medical treatment, business or study. Please see our nonimmigrant visa page for more information.


read more

Green Card Processes & Procedures

Many people become permanent residents (get a green card) through family members. The United States promotes family unity and allows U.S. citizens and permanent residents to petition for certain relatives to come and live permanently in the United States

At Lun & Associates, we take great pride in accepting the majority of our cases from the referrals

Our attorneys have over ten years of experience  experience in handling many types of immigration cases.

  • Green Card Through Family
  • Green Card Through a Job
  • There are many different ways to get a green card (permanent residence). Each category will have specific steps and procedures to follow. Therer are some general processes and procedures to help you apply to get a green card either while in the United States (known as “adjustment of status”) or while outside the United States (known as “consular processing”)